MISSISSIPPI SCHOLASTIC PRESS ASSOCIATION

Helping Mississippi's students share their stories since 1947.

Lewisburg HS’s Patriot Vision aims to produce exciting and informing episodes

Patriot Vision,  Lewisburg High School’s broadcasting and media program, aims to produce exciting and informing episodes for its student body.

“We want to inform and excite the study body on the news happening at the school. We will accomplish this by our relationship with staff, clubs, athletic programs, and fellow students,” Anchor and reporter Ainsley Bright said.

Patriot Vision produces daily newscasts, which are pre-recorded the day prior. The staff delegates assignments by rotating anchors weekly and claiming assignments through the use of sticky notes.

“We keep up with all of [the production] by keeping tabs and making sure the correct episode shows,” Anchor and reporter Macee Martin said.

A goal of Patriot Vision is to produce well-edited, good quality episodes.

“I want all of our episodes to be clean and well-edited. I also want all of our assignments done on time, so we are never behind. A way we can do this is [to] have responsibility and make sure we get everything done on time,” Martin said. 

Being a part of the staff prepares the students for their future careers, whether it is in broadcast journalism or not.

“I can use communication and public-speaking skills that I have learned from talking on camera. I can also use my skills working as a team in any job, especially if I pursue broadcasting,” Bright said.

To keep up with Patriot Vision, you can follow them on Instagram @patriot.vision. The staff will be taking over the MSPA Instagram on Wednesday, February 14 on the MSPA_MS account!